GM Character Tool 4 is a character generator that assists users of the popular pen-and-paper roleplaying game Hârnmaster in creating, managing and storing characters.
It is almost identical with version 3, but is now provided by Columbia Games free of charge.
Hârnmaster is a fantasy game that emphasizes character development and combat realism using an unique interactive skill system.
GM Character Tool 4 supports Harnmaster 3 (HM3), the latest version of the Harnmaster rules from Columbia Games. Character Tool 4 may also be used in conjunction with Harnmaster Core (HMC), although some adaption needs to be done.
- Random generation of almost fully-developed characters, ranging from inexperienced farmers to veteran knights and priests or Shek Pvar (mages).
- Major or Minor characters may be created depending on need for more or less detail.
- Export and import of major characters allow for sharing of characters between Player Character Tool 3 and GM Character Tool 3.
- Groups – allows the user to sort characters into groups for easy overview. Main characters may be cloned to allow for quick creation of adversaries.
- Combats cards in color or black and white may be printed with critical combat information displayed.
- Battle list with characters (including cloned characters) in Initiative order, displaying critical combat information and space for noting injuries and status.
- Skills, spells, rituals, equipment, steeds , etc., are configurable.
- Each character can use multiple steeds.
The application should be possible to run on most most Mac OS versions up to, and including, 10.15 (Catalina) as well as Windows 8 and 10. It has also been shown to run on the latest release, 11.1 (Big Sur), but as of 2019 support for compiling runtime versions has ben ended by Claris.
Thus, any major change to the underpinnings of Windows and MacOS may impact the functionality of the applications. Fingers crossed that this won’t happen for some time!
- Plugin updated to 6.0.0
- Depreciated: “Set ML to OML for all skills…” under Skills menu.
- Depreciated Secondary window with character list.
- Depreciated import and export of files due to legacy file format issues.
- Corrected: Drop-down menu under settings:skills shows “Craft/Lore” instead of “Lore/Craft” (thanks to Philipp Kullman).
- Added check for social class and culture before rolling random occupation (thanks to Philipp Kullman).
- Improved graphic look and feel and laid the ground for future graphic changes.
- Improved quality of deity regalia images and separated description and image.
- Improved quality of menu icons and modified how active and inactive menu icons are indicated.
- Fixed issue with window resizing for list of Minor NPCs where it didn’t respond to resize.
- Updated edit and creation method all over the board while making the layout more consistent.
- Updated icons for edit, deletion and viewing list data and in the top of the main window.
- Rewrote the script for re-rolling Psyche and Medical.
- Changed the way editable (white) fields are edited and added indicator that the field is selected.
- Corrected references to “Ritual” to be “Invocation”.
- Unified how Character spells and Invocations are presented into one list.
- Added check of valid armour locations when adding armour pieces to character.
- Merged Background menu alternative into Character menu alternative.
- Rewrote code for Groups from scratch, depreciated Clone function.
- Fixed issue with new guilds not showing the badge image (Thanks to Noel).
- Fixed issue with approved coverage locations missing out on locations Ca, Ch, Chf and Chb.
- And much more…
- Revise armour and weapon input and data storage method to be same as for characters.
- Revise Funds, Gems & Jewelry input and storage method to be same as for equipment etc.
- Improve Group management.
- Re-introduce export and import of files.
- Syntax check for occupation skills when creating or editing an occupation.
- Suppport for Minor NPC’s will be depreciated in coming updates – do not rely on this functionality.